Friday, January 21, 2011

Swing Time

Just got back from seeing Black Swan. Thoughts on the film will come in a later post, but I will say that throughout the movie I lamented the fact that, in order to cover up the fact that Natalie Portman is not, in fact, a ballerina, the camera needed to be movie consistently. I long for the days when the dynamism was in the dance, and not in the cinematography.

On that note, I ended up plunking myself in front of the computer to watch two hours of dance videos on YouTube. A veteran fan of So You Think You Can Dance, I spent a while re-watching some of my favourites, but eventually made the transition to the great dance sequences of musicals past. Although completely different in tone the choreography of Black Swan, you can never go wrong with a little Fred and Ginger on a Thursday night:


No comments:

Post a Comment